Audigy returns to 2 speaker mode

After every reboot...If I open the mixer I can reset it to 4 speaker sound..But opening the mixer disables my "Hide the unused icons arrow" in my taskbar. XP Pro is the OS I am running...I have "qudraphonic" chosen as my speaker set up in Control Panel.

this happens with many people with audigy's. i can not remember the solution however. do a little searching around in the 5.1 forum, this was talked about there off and on, it is a windows xp glitch really. make sure you have the latest drivers. do a windows update also.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

yes, 20,000 posts will spell the end of the world Smile.gif or a slamming job with Klipsch Smile.gif LoL!

This is a windows/audigy problem. of course Smile.gif

have you checked the creative help forums or tried emailing them? i will do this if you want me to.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Well I right-clicked my taskbar after setting the Audigy mixer back to 4 speaker again and clicked on "Always hide CL speaker icon" (the volume controls icon) in the taskbar properties box in XP Pro. I rebooted my machine yesterdayand.....Taa daa taskbar unused icon arrow is back and speakers stayed in 4 speaker mode... Hey, maybe it's not a fix but it worked for me.cwm35.gif