x11i's

Schu

My x11i's came in... very nice.

they are so incredibly light and comfortable it's like wearing a cotton ball in your ears... only lighter.

Sonically they seem to be EXTREMELY detailed and defined... I think I could see some folks saying that perhaps they are slightly thin, but I don't see it that way, and while my image ones are fatter in the lower register, the x11's will go very deep (down to under 10hz) it's just a different delivery of deep sound... tight... crisp and detailed.

that is all...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi... :wacko:

Purchased these. Fine box, cords, everything, No cleaner any more, but I dont suffer. Now there is a cordholder AND THATS COOL!!

What have you done to the frequency response?

The previous version, x10i had mild treble, this has lots of treble. Was it intented to be so? Or mine are defective, cause I suppose I have problem - all ss and sh sounds are too loud to my taste.

Can you post the freq response graph for the last revision, that will help me to decide whether mine item works as desired or not...

TY

Edited by Vladimir

Vlad... maybe you could be a little clearer on your explanation please. I can not understand what you are asking.

and by the way... how is a freq response graph going to help you with headphones? do you have some equipment that teh rest of us do not have?

Vlad... maybe you could be a little clearer on your explanation please. I can not understand what you are asking.

and by the way... how is a freq response graph going to help you with headphones? do you have some equipment that teh rest of us do not have?

Of course, I do not own KEMAR or even artifical ear with trustworthy mic's.

I have different revisions of, hmm, kg926 based phones (I owned, many, if not all, revisions, from the first that shined with C.E.C. CD and almost failed with cheap portables).

What I'd wrtten before - in the way I've used to use phones, 11'ths tend to overexaggorate (too loud) sounds in ~5-7 (8) kHz interval. If technitiansa at Klipsch made KEMAR (or similar stand) measurements, and had results, I would be glad if they shared )

I must state, that overall sound resolution is improved considerably, even with double flanges, that's a win! But with some tracks, some hardware settings, (and with my sony mini HiFi HP out) I got high frequency artifacts.

That is why I asked about measurements, to understand, do my observations differ from them.

BTW, I think I've understood, what way I should amplify sound to obtain good results.

And I have a recommendation. The way the flanges are placed on the phones are unnatural. Right should be rotated CW 45 degr, and left - 45 degr CCW, by default.

p.s. Vlad is not equal to Vladimir. Vova is a shorty, Vlad is a shorty to Vladislav.

Edited by Vladimir