Best amp for my Klipsch RB-10

Harley-Eddie

Hello, I'm Eddie from the Netherlands,and i have a question:

Recently I purcased a couple RB-10's for 90 Euro's in mint condition, they also sound mint too!

Alltough I think with a better amp they will gonna sound much better, I now running a Denon AVR1000 surround receiver.

In my opinion if you want to listen two channel audio, you better not use a multi channel amp, is that right?

If that is so, what is the best amp for these speakers?

I want to spend about 200 Euro's for it, for example, I can purchase a vintage Rotel 840BX-3.

What do you think????

Best recards, Eddie

You can use a multichannel avr/amp. Some dedicated 2 channel people use a stereo amp. It also depends on what type of music you listen to on the choice of amps. Many times this takes a long time (months) listening to different types of music and a different volumes to find exactly what you may like. A lot of people prefer tube amps with Heritage speakers. The best advice is to try some different amps in your system or demo some different style amps at a custom shop. Welcome to the forum and just enjoy the the new speakers!

Welcome Harley-Eddie,

I do not have specific experience with RB-10's but every Klipsch speaker I do have experiene with are very revealing of the quality of amplification. Think quality over power. I do not know what things cost in the Netherlands so it is hard to make a recommendation. I would imagine you should be able to find a nice used integrated NAD amp. Yes some folks use multichannel recievers to drive their two channel system. I for one havent heard a multi channel deliver what I would consider quality two channel. Truth be known I havent tried a great number of the surround sound recievers but those that I have are better for sound effects than they are music. JMHO