KPT-100?

PBT

Hi All,

I just won an e-bay auction for 5 x KPT100 speakers. EBay Australia, so klipsch is a little harder to find Down Here!!

Apparently they came out of a theater. They looked Ok251380998877

I hope they will make good surrounds. I havent read much about them so if anybody can give me a rundown in layman's terms i would really appreciate it.

I was thinking they would go nicely with a set of lascala accross the front.

I plan to run them with a Parasound HCA 1206 that i have just had spruced up after 20 years of service.

Btw i also have a pair of kLF30's, an Academy and a pair of Tangents that i am in the process of making into Heresy 2's.

thanks in advance

Paul T

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations!

Several people here use the KPT-100 as surrounds in their home theater. They have almost the same exact specs as your Academy. I'm not sure how you would position 5 of them, but you could use them as side and rear surrounds for a 7.1 system.

Here is a nice thread about your speakers: https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/144995-kpt-100s-restored-and-ready-to-ship/

Edited by mustang guy

Hey Mate,

Thanks for that!!

Its funny, i looked thru the forum and didn't see anything then as soon as i made this post i stumbled across your thread in garage sale.

It did make me feel better about the price though, i paid $500 for all 5, but i am going to have to do a 9hr each way road trip to pick them up.

btw you seem to have an endless supply, you are definitely "The Source".

I always figured that i was going to have a "spare". But at that price who cares?

We normally have to pay double what you guys do, that is if we can find them!!

Otherwise FedEx make a fortune when we purchase from USA

regards

Paul T

• Like 1