New to klipsch looking for AVR Advice

Psylo717

derrickdj do you feel the pioneer puts out 140 wpc and its enough for those klipsch icons, or did you feel a amp would be needed.

Oh, the Pioneer putting out 140 watts is enough. I thought at extreme volumes that the sound was a little metallic and bright on the Pioneer but, I would never listen that loud. I think I pushed it to +4. I have amps because I like them and to be honest I am not sure if I need them or not. These avr's can push out around 270 watts for transient peaks. Someone said in another thread that the difference between 125 watts and 200 watts is around 2 db. I am not saying some people don't need amps. It depends on the avr, size of the room, listening habits and a few other things. The true value of the Pioneer Elites is their prepam section and MCACC after you really learn how to use it. I have changed everything in my system over the past 2 years except the Pioneer Elites.

Edited by derrickdj1