2?s re: Denon 3802 & multiple C7s

jblanch

Two questions from newbie

1. Need to upgrade receiver in system with KLFC7 center and surrounds and KLF-20 mains. Denon 3802 at upper limit of price range but seems worth the investment. Any other receiver $800 or less that people prefer? Want 6 channel, DTS-ES, DD-EX, and most importantly clean, hiss-free sound from my speakers which the POS receiver I have currently doesn't provide.

2. When I get my new receiver, should I grab another C7 to complete 6.1? Any complaints from people who have used them outside the center channel?

Thanks for any advice you can pass along

Jay

hello jb. btw, do you have or are you also getting a sub?

as far as the 6.1 i can just say that the addition of a rear center c7 to my sys was definitely worth the lil extra expense & even though its between 2 cornwall surrounds. great for filling in the hole & works well even w/ prologic, 6 speaker stereo, & dolby/dts 5.1 type-material & processing.

3-c7 in your rear array should be real fine in timbre matching & as long as you aren't looking for big bass from the rear mainly for stereo material. as always you'll want a good capable sub & especially since you should then route the low bass from the C7 to it by setting them small. or you could even get a rear sub too.

as far as receivers the denon is great (is it only $800?) but you can demo or look at outlaw, marantz, etc. as the sky's the limit. always better & try them out at home before committing.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

I'm very happy with my 3802 and it sounds great with the Legends.

I also have a C-7 in the back center and it matches very well and has great output.

------------------

KLF-30 - mains

KLF-10 - center channel

KLF 10's/20's - surrounds

KLF-C7 - back center

DIY dual Tempest sonosub

Thanks for the replies. I do have a sub but it receives limited use as it bothers the parrot that lives downstairs - wish I was kidding. I'll look to upgrade in that department when I no longer live in an apartment complex.

boa12,

Lots of Legends in the house. I actually have another pair of 10's that will go into the back center position when I move to a bigger house with a dedicated HT. And of course I'll build another sub.

Add in a 120" projector set-up and I'll have MY dream system....

------------------

KLF-30 - mains

KLF-10 - center channel

KLF 10's/20's - surrounds

KLF-C7 - back center

DIY dual Tempest sonosub