I'm new here and I have a strange question

psychos

First, I am a new owner of some RF3II and I really love them. I'm no audiophile, but I think they sound great!! I also have some low-end synergy center and surrounds, but even though they are the cheapest Klipsh makes, the surrounds sounded good enough to play at a BBQ while my RF3's were being delivered. So there you have it.

The reason I am posting is this. (this may be blasphemous for home audio purists, so read with caution) I just bought a new (used) car, and I have transferred all the car audio equipment over from my old car, except the front speakers, because they got damaged in an accident. I have torn out the POS BOSE stock system, and thought it would be fun to put some Klipsch drivers in the door panels and a tweater in the kick panels.

So these are my questions so far:

1) Can I buy just replacement speakers (w/o) the enclosures? 6.5" would be the best fit, so maybe the K-1078-SB from the SF-2. what would the approx cost be?

2) in speakers where there are two drivers, is each driver 8ohms, or are they 4 ohms wired in series, or something else? If they were 8 ohms, i could put two in to get 4 ohms for car audio

3) would these drivers work in a sealed enclosure as opposed to the ported enclosure in most Klipsch setups? I don't need the base, because I have a sub, and sealed enclosures are usually smaller than ported.

4) are there any other thoughts on this?

I know doing this would be a lot of extra work, but it would be more fun that buying some MB Quart Q series for $700 and just sticking them in my car.

Thanks in advance for any input

Andrew

TWO THINGS:

1.) The Klipsch woofers may be ~5" deep, they will not fit in 99% of cars, measure carefully.

2.) As tough as they are, the Klipsch woofers are NOT designed for car use, I would be worried about the adhesives and others materials disinigrating in a year or two.

You should be able to wire the woofers in parallel to get 4 ohms.

What are you going to do for X-overs and tweeters?

Good luck!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!