How much difference could the Marantz PM6004 make...

Klipschtastic

I recently bought the Onkyo 9050 integtrated amp to play through my Klf 20's and though it is a really nice amp for for the money I find it a bit too thin on the higher frequencies. It just seems to lack a little body and richness in the male vocals and guitars. Sorry I have no audiophile vocabulary. The Marantz PM6004 was very well liked by whathifi in a review I found online and I would like to hear from others who have used this amp or similar ones in the series as to the difference in warmth vs Onkyo. I know Marantz is considered to be a good pairing for Klipsch and I probably should have bought it in the first placed but for some reason I am always drawn to Onkyo. The 9050 does have a DAC but I really can't tell any difference in SQ with my ipod. Whathifi described the Marantz as having a warm sound and they called it the best for under $1000. The problem is I haven't owned or heard very much different gear so my points of reference are pretty much limited to buy and try and getting a consensus online.

To be honest I am on the fence as to whether to keep the KLF's or not because I find them too harsh to listen to hardrock of metal for any extended period. I have thought about trying the Crites midrange but really don't want to keep putting money into these only to never be satisfied. This would be a last ditch effort to try and taylor the sound to my liking. Or I could just sell them and go with a different speaker. How much difference can a different SS amp rally make? BTW I already have the Crites tweeters.

Thanks

Jon

Edited by Klipschtastic