help with new to me k-horns

yes all but the bannana plugs that connect the tops to the bass bins are soldered. im good with soldering so thats not an issue, but like you said, i dont want to change the caps/x-overs just yet, they sound ok.

im just getting used to how big the k-horns are in my smaller basement. its a perfect rectangle with nice corners but a low ceiling. room is 25x13, ceiling is a drop style with panels about 7' 6". my couch is about 12' from the speakers. so they are very close together & just seem overwhelming at higher volumes. im sure the recordings are a lot of it, some stuff sounds good other stuff is kinda harsh up loud. im used to my fortes, epcis & kg5.5's i guess.

i will be posting my components in another thread soon. looking for suggestions on the best way to run the k-horns.

thanks!

they will not sound correct if they are both on the short side of a 25X13 room. your room arrangement right now is too narrow for khorns. I ve heard khorns, belle, lascala, cornwals, heresy's in a room like yours and you will never be happy with the sound . Any reason why you can't put in a false corner and try to put them 16 feet apart and put your listening position 90 degrees from where you have it now....

Edited by speakerfritz

being the basement is so small & stuffed with a large sectional couch & mainly designated as a "home theater" set up, false corners are not an option. the k-horns were an impulse buy & this house was a starter house for me, hope to have a bigger better house in the near future. so i have to make due with what i have for now.

i am considering moving one of them to the other end of the long wall, then adjusting my seating position on the couch for 2 ch listening. i have 4 perfect corners in the rectangle so that might be ideal for now. however, at the volume level i like to listen to most 2 ch music, they fill the room on the short wall to rock concert levels with ease. at that volume level in a small room, stereo & imaging etc go out the window, its just a full wall of sound, basically like a higher end rock concert. if any one has ever seen pink floyd live, or roger waters the wall tour, or any of the A-list rock groups, you know what i mean. i like it LOUD for most my 2ch music.