Odyssey Stratos 2-Channel Amp

easyeyes

I've never heard of the amp but it is receiving glowing reviews in audio review. Just wondering if anyone has one of these connected to Klipsch speakers. It is rated 125x2 at right around $1,000 bucks. If you have one or if you've researched this in the past please respond.

Thanks

EE

easyeyes,

I have owned a Stratos since Feb, 2002. I am using it with a pair of 1976 LaScala's and I highly recommend it. It is very smooth and detailed for a SS, lots of bass control, plenty of power for Klipsch, very quiet, great soundtage and image. I still use it for music/HT, but I picked up a 1960's Fisher 800c Tube Receiver and have been using it primarily for two-channel as you can see by my sig. The tubes are more lush for the music I listen to most,(Frank Sinatra, Sara Vaughn, Billie Holiday,etc), but I doubt you can beat it unless you spend a lot more money.

It takes a couple of months to fully break-in, I ran a source through it for two months 24/7. I leave it on now 24/7 unless we have a bad electrical storm.

email me with any other questions,

Regards,

Greg

------------------

HK AVR20 II

Toshiba DVD

32" Toshiba TV

Odyssey Stratos

1976 LaScala's Front L&R

KV-1 Center

KG 1.5 Rear L&R

KSW-12 Sub