Klipsch Pro Subs

dtximages

I hear alot of you guys who own Heritage Klipsches who buy JBL pro subs or huge theater subs. Has anyone tried a Klipsch theater or pro sub. That HUUGGEEEE dual 18 looks awsome. anyone ever heard any pro klipsches in a house. a local theater uses klipsh and its by far the best around. even better than the new Carmikes with JBL. Your thoughts please.

First, get JBLSmile.gif

Anyway'z, I HAVE the dual 15" JBL Pro bass cabinet (it's not a REAL subwoofer) and it is GREAT!

I have no doubt the Klipsch Pro gear is great, but I have always gotten the impression JBL makes better stuff, though a little more expensive.

Hey, I was at my local Century Theater (saw "Reigh of Fire", it is a 5/10, JUST OK, too slow) and they use EV gear, its nice, but I don't know what modles. I was in "THE" theater (DLP PROJECTOR!!!, digital static a few times for a >second) and it sounded and looked great!

Remember, if you are buying pro gear, look for a 4" voice coil, 500+ watts of power handling/woofer, and good bass responce (for a sub.)

Also, in JBL's favor, there are TONS of specs about the actual woofer and you can buy them seperatly. JBL even has the balls to show DISTORTION at different power/frequency's. They know they are the best, and are not scared to go all out. I like JBL. They also took excellent care of me when I was sold a bad woofer (it happens, but they happily fixed it.)

Again, Klipsch gear is probably great stuff, but JBL and I are like this (cross index and middle fingers.)

Happy hunting, I would LOVE to hear about some Klipsch Pro gear, get out that credit card!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply. I have two local "upscale" cinemas nearby, one is Carmike (JBL) and the other is Regal (Klipsch). Both are very new and supposedly state of the art. However, the subs on the JBL bottomed out in U571. I have been impressed with them before but nothing compared to the Klipsches in the new regals. I saw MI 2 there and it blew me away. But i will look into the JBL subs. Thanks alot.