1st ht Upgrade

Dban1

I would like to get some feedback on my plans.

About 16 years ago I bought a pair of Chorus's and have been running them thru a Yamaha C65 preamp and M65 amp. I just ordered an academy (thanks SSEYMOUR, Recycled audio had one for 299 which is a damn site better than 520 on ebay). My local chain (Tweeter) has the Yamaha RX-V1 for well under half of list, and I dont mind missing a few bells and whistles on last years model. My plan is to use the preamp out for the mains and use the M65 to drive the (chorus). I will then use the RX-V1 to drive centers rears etc. because of the serious hole that this will put in my wallet I plan to use a pair of Definitive Technology Celsius's that I have for the rears until I can replace them without a divorce.

Any thoughts or ideas would be very welcome and once again thanks everyone for saving me from ebay.

Hi dban1 - Welcome, from a fellow Chorus owner. I'm doing something similar to what you are considering -- using a Denon 3300 as a pre-amp for the fronts and driving them with an Acurus 200x3. The Denon drives the rears. Let's it all run a lot cooler, and the Acurus has a better sound to it than my Denon.

Doug

------------------

My System

I just got my Academy today. It is so much more "real" than the RC-3. I haven't A-Bed them yet but I am certainly using the Academy going forward.

I have to take this opportunity to recommend recycledaudio.com. This Academy is as new. No exaggerating at all. It came in the original box with the manual, warranty cards and packing material. The price was reasonable, $299 as was shipping, $25 from Boulder, CO to Syracuse, NY.

I will not hesitate to use them again.

-ScottWavey.gif

------------------

BobG modified Forte II's

KG-4 Surrounds

Academy Center

DIY Sub based on Adire Audio Shiva Woofer

Sony DB830