DIY Klipsch Rf-7ii center (Lancaster, PA)

opusk2k9

So I have unfortunately decided to sell this speaker. It's a one of a kind center speaker built from an A-stock Klipsch Rf-7ii flipped horizontally. Basically, its one heck of a center speaker!! This was done by removing the front panel of a new Rf-7ii to allow new holes to be cut out of 3/4inch mdf (same as klipsch uses) along with an additional 3/16 mdf front covering with smaller diameter holes to allow 1/8 recessing of the two 10in drivers. 1 inch foam was then used to cover the entire inside of the speaker to offer maximum resonance damping. Overall this thing still weighs in at ~87.5 lbs and is rock solid.

It's not that I want to sell it, but I need the money for travel expenses. Pick-up only!. . . since it's way to heavy to ship. It will also come with the original unopened grill and unused stabilizing legs. However it does need a new tractrix plastic horn piece (the thing that the tweeter is screwed on to) since screw holes were broken off of the original. I called Klipsch and they only charge $27 to replace it, so it's not a huge issue but still needs to be noted, and also the cardboard porting tubes in the back are not original. On another note, the speaker only has one hour or so of use on it, so all parts perform flawlessly!!. . .and if that sounds strange, it's because that after its completion earlier this year, I had to leave home and am only now returning. However now I need to sell it to recoup some money to put towards another upcoming travel expense.

Like I said, this thing is new. Therefore it could also be used strictly for the parts (i.e. tweeter, 2-10in woofers, crossover etc.) or as a sort of replacement insurance for an existing/ future Rf-7ii setup.

Email me if interested and with fair offers please! I'd like this thing to be thoroughly enjoyed by someone. Pics attached. Thanks guys.

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/ele/4495115153.html

No affiliation.

post-51180-0-48040000-1403115658_thumb.j