Is it worth bi-wiring without bi-amping?

kantro21

Gil,

Thanks for taking the time to explain these principles. Excellent analogies.

Especially the last one.

With that I formally withdraw my position on bi-wiring attenuating IMD.

Now I must divert my attention to other possibilties of bi-wire functionality.

So, when used in conjuntion with Bi-wirable speaker inputs, can bi-wiring have some specific benefit on any level?

Why did Klipsch and other companies start utilizing bi-wirable inputs?

It certainly can't be cost effective,

unless your trying to boost speaker wire sales

It most likely wasn't for the purposes of bi-amping. PWK didn't really see any benefit from bi-amping. Plus IMO this new line of bi-wired speakers isn't marketed for the elite, rather to the average joe.

Generally speaking, the average joe can't afford bi-amping, rather he/she could afford bi-wires or at least another set of wires.

It's kind of perplexing.

So if it was for the purposes of bi-wiring,

then why?

My other position on this subject deals with tonal characteristics of speaker cable.

Naturally occuring frequency separation could allow for specifically designed wire to induce that separation within itself.

Even fractional amounts of separation reduces the load on the crossover. Possibly avioding any slight insertion loss.

I still believe that some level of transient harmonics is gained by bi-wiring.

That would explain the responses from various people claiming to hear more or greater detail and a refined bass.

Well, obviously this could be attibuted to the regaining or previously "skinned" supersonic frequencies. It might be that these unheard frequencies help articulate detail and clean up bass by allowing for a fuller harmonic output. (putting some edge back in there).

At least this is my current understanding.

What do you think?

Rebuttal?

You see, i'm searching for my audioreality.

I just haven't quite found it yet!

Maybe, I left it in the sock drawer. Hmmm.

P.S. My wothless web browser won't let me see most posts in a thread. I was fortunate to be able to read your post Gil. Usually, i can't get this far down the page, so chances are I wont be able to read your response.

If you don't mind, could you start another thread on this topic so we can keep our debate going?

Dude, I need a dell...LOL..sigh.

Just not ready for it yet, still like doing it the old fashioned way. Pen-Paper-File Cabinet.

------------------

You should of heard just what I've seen.