Looking for Pentivent?

iXtreme

Does anyone know where to find MAX Pentivent speaker dealers as I want to use them as subs in my Klippy system? Do you guys know where the re sellers are located?

------------------

Hey, don't write yourself off yet.

It's only in your head, you feel left out or looked down on.

Just try your best, try everything you can.

And don't you worry what they tell themselves when your away.

From what I have been able to learn they appear to be designed as subwoofers for cars. In other words they are likely designed to focus more on producing loud bass in the upper bass range,(100 - 250hz +/-)than upon reproducing bass with audiophile accuracy.

This is NOT necessarily a knock on car audio as that environment does not lend itself to deep accurate bass reproduction. The result is that the "enhanced" - dare one say exaggerated - bass heard in car audio systems is even further exaggerated when the speakers,and/or power amps designed for that environment are introduced into a home audio system.

I suspect that many would enjoy the effect but that in time your tastes will change and you will desire a flatter sound. All of this "Old F*rt commentary aside -you can contact the Canadian distributor at:

THE CANADIAN LOUDSPEAKER CORPORATION . Toronto, Canada fax 416-782-1757

Keep us posted!

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

This message has been edited by lynnm on 07-26-2002 at 09:09 PM

actually, they make an 8 ohm version for use in active subs. I am referring to the 1030's and 1230's as we now carry both of them at my work. I was wondering if anyone else carries them.

------------------

Hey, don't write yourself off yet.

It's only in your head, you feel left out or looked down on.

Just try your best, try everything you can.

And don't you worry what they tell themselves when your away.