Where to buy Klipsch

AutoRouter

I have searched the web and it seems like there are "Authorized Dealers" with store fronts and retail prices and then there are discount houses on the web.

If I buy from a discount house an A.D. has told me that Klipsch will not honor my warranty.

Does anyone have any experience with this. It appears that there is a significant $$ to be saved at the discount houses. I don't see the discount houses listed on the Klipsch web site. I don't know how they get their inventory if not from Klipsch.

Thanks in advance.

Autorouter - I don't want to sound unhelpful, but this topic has been flogged to death on the ol' board. May I suggest 2 things -

- Read the note about Authorized Dealers in the lower right corner of the main Klipsch home page

- Search the forums for "authorized dealer" and see what pops up.

Bottom line - UBID is only authorized Internet dealer.

Doug

------------------

My System

Auto-Router...

Stepping into the fray here..My first klipsch, were ordered mail order (1985)...and had the full sticker/serial number information, and the full Klipsch warranty..Upgrade #1, was done by cheapest (but not authorized e-tailer), and the speakers were stripped not only of their "little klipsch stickers", even the boxes were stripped of the matching serial number, and therefore not considered "under warranty", and so for re-sale put them in a lower value class. The Klipsch stickers give them a certain trace-ability.

I'm still confused at big-dogs claim that good-guys is an authorized e-tailer...I think that doug is right, and U-bid is the only one.

Cluless,

I thikn authorized dealers are allowed to sell on the internet if they have "brick and mortar" stores. And there are geographical restrictions where they can ship. That's just what I remember from one of these other threads about authorized dealers.

-Scott

------------------

BobG modified Forte II's

KG-4 Surrounds

Academy Center

DIY Sub based on Adire Audio Shiva Woofer

Sony DB830

Scott - If I recall correctly, there was a letter to the dealers which was posted in the forum about a year ago, indicating that to be an authorized dealer you could not use public/common carriers to deliver product (like UPS/Fedex), which limited the delivery zone to where you could drive your store's trucks. I believe you could sell using the Internet, but it would be no different than calling the dealer on the phone, giving them a credit card, and having their delivery truck run them out to you.

Doug

------------------

My System

Right if an Authorized ships to somebody Across the country Im sure keeps records of all shipping by its dealers. How do Klipsch know if the dealer shipped it or the guy drove there and Picked it up. Thinks about it. Klipsch say one thing but can't enforce it. LOL

------------------

Go Forth and Hump the World