Problem seperating 2 front channels for Promedia 4.1

mystirkb

I've recently received my Klipsch Promedia's 4.1 speakers and set them up using my soundblaster live! soundcard. I'm running win exp and I've noticed that when I test the speakers that the 2 front channels both test positive for the left and right channels. In other words when it is only the front left channel that's suppose to have any sound the right front channel also has sound. The same goes for the right channel. I can't seem to seperate the two channels. Is this normal? I've also checked and re-checked the wiring and everything seemed fine. My old cambridge soundworks speakers didn't have this problem so I found it to be a little weird that I can't seem to seperate the two front speakers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

wrong forum (promedia is below) but that is ok Smile.gif

disconnect the cable for the rear speakers from the control pod to the computer, the black cable i think. unplug it from the computer.

unplug the speaker cable FROM the sub that goes to the sats, not FROM the sats but disconnect it at the sub. only two cables should be in the sub speaker outputs, front and left front.

play the test... does it work?

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

Opps wrong forum but thanks for replaying anyways heh. I've done as you said, but I'm still getting the same problem. I've also played around with the balance but that doesn't work. Even at full left or right sound comes out of both speakers.

connect them the same way, except use a portable cd player and play then with that, making sure that the cd is in stereo and that normally you could tell that one speaker is playing something slightly different. this will rule out the sound card. a little difficult to do, but a try

i have another way, but it requires buying stuff... cheap but still

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

s>

weirder things have happened Smile.gif most of the time when this sort of thing happens it is one of two things.

1, most popular, even though they checked 60 million times, on the 60,000,001st check, they fix the problem

2, the sound card is setup wrong

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

s>

I think I've traced the problem to either the cable (green one) connecting from the control pod to the computer for the front speakers or the front speaker connectors on the subwoofer itself. I hooked up the front speakers to the rear connectors on the subwoofer and used the rear speaker cable (purple one)to connect to line 1 (front speaker channels) on the soundcard and it worked fine. But does this mean I'll have to get the entire sat replaced to get full surround?

This message has been edited by mystirkb on 07-30-2002 at 03:23 AM

youwould not need to get rid of the sat, that can not be the problem here, it is either the control pod or the amp.

contact klipsch today using hte info in my signature to find out what they think you should do.

where did you get them?

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

s>

Very sorry but you are not going to be able to take advantage of the warranty because you bought them off ebay from a seller who was not authorized to sell klipsch. no matter WHAT the seller tells you, the warranty is void. This is not just Klipsch, Denon has the same policy.

Really sorry about this. I warn people about unauthorized dealers all the time.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

s>

I was banking that I might get a pair that works fine out the box but even though I saved a bit of money I'm gonna end up spending about the same, if not more than I would buying at an authorized dealer. So whats the moral of the story? cwm1.gif

if you can live with mixed fronts, do it. if you don't care about the rears being mixed, do this.

switch the black and green plugs, connec the back speaker terminals to the front speakers and the fronts to the back. now everything has been reversed and the mixed channels are in the rear and stereo in the front.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

s>

That is an option I've considered, but it's kinda hard to spend $200 and live with anything less than perfect, especially when they're Klipsch's, ya know? The damage has already been done to my wallet so I might as well go the extra mile cwm7.gif.

This message has been edited by mystirkb on 07-30-2002 at 02:15 PM