Pretty Lights- A color Map of the Sun

twk123

In a world of Pop music and computer sampled tracks for the youth, a Colorado based DJ named Pretty Lights has deconstructed his art and went all the way back to the source of music to record samples live and then cut his own vinyl, mixed it using vintage analogue effects and put it all together as a coherent album. This is one of my favorite LP's in my vinyl collection and it is a truly unique project:

In a world of Pop music and computer sampled tracks for the youth, a Colorado based DJ named Pretty Lights has deconstructed his art and went all the way back to the source of music to record samples live and then cut his own vinyl, mixed it using vintage analogue effects and put it all together as a coherent album. This is one of my favorite LP's in my vinyl collection and it is a truly unique project:

I've been following him for a few years, you really should come up one of these days.  Seems we have similar music tastes.  Have you heard Glowing In The Darkest Night, that my favorite that he has done.

I've been following him for a few years, you really should come up one of these days.  Seems we have similar music tastes.  Have you heard Glowing In The Darkest Night, that my favorite that he has done.

I will definitely have to make the trip, thats cool you are in to Pretty Lights and other electronic music. I moved here from Colorado where it is a huge part of the culture but not so much here in Utah unless maybe your at the ski resorts. I have been a PL fan ever since I saw one of his first shows when he played for free at CU back when he first dropped "Hot like Sauce". His sound was so fresh and unique and I like how even today he tries to push the envelope. Glowing in the Darkest night is one of my favorite albums as well, especially 'Drift Away'.