Hersey ID

boomer9911

I'm abit troubled trying to ID the year of these Hersey's and whether they are true Hersey or are the Hersey II's. What is throwing me off is the "Y" in the middle of the serial number and they are sequential numbers.  If anyone can help I'd appreciate it, a sale depends on whether they are Hersey I's or II's, person who has them states 1980.

Thanks for the help. 

post-3488-0-45860000-1422178079_thumb.jp

post-3488-0-59620000-1422178110_thumb.jp

• Like 1

The letter "Y" in the date code is a build year of 1983. The "HWL" stands for "Heresy Walnut Lacquer". The original Heresy was made until 1985 and the drivers were mounted behind the motorboard. The Heresy 2 started in 1985 as well, but the drivers were flush mounted from the front.

You can Google "Klipsch Date Codes" which will pull up several links if you want to see a more complete history. There's also a post or two here in the forums with very detailed information.

• Like 1

The letter "Y" in the date code is a build year of 1983. The "HWL" stands for "Heresy Walnut Lacquer". The original Heresy was made until 1985 and the drivers were mounted behind the motorboard. The Heresy 2 started in 1985 as well, but the drivers were flush mounted from the front.

You can Google "Klipsch Date Codes" which will pull up several links if you want to see a more complete history. There's also a post or two here in the forums with very detailed information.

Thanks jpbusa I appreciate it,  I was thinking that when I saw the "Y" . As you mentioned I did find one of the Data Codes but what threw me off was the seller first stated was 1989, well those are Hersey II's, then they stated they were 1980(had to ask them to send me a pic). By using this data code it narrowed it down for me but the ##Y#### made me unsure as there are ###Y### on these speakers. The column below it has A as 1962 through Y as 1983 (as you mentioned). 

Thanks again.