Need some help with HT

Klipsch-daddy

I am begining to wonder if my set up is right. I have the rf-3's and a ksc-c1 center and ksw-12 sub and some bi-polar kenwood surrounds. I know they it is a mixed up system but, explain what it is suspose to sound like. I was running the center channel at 1.5(goes up to 7db) and the fronts even 0.0 and the rears at 10+. My living room is very open and the surrounds are placed to the rear and not on the same wall because it is almost in the shape of a stop sign. If you can imagine a octagon take the left side from where it starts to go up 90* that is basically what my living room is shaped. The subwoofer is nice and loud and shakes the walls. The fronts sound ok but are not that loud. It seams all the sound is coming thur the center speaker. I have turned the center speaker up to 4.5 and it is extremely loud. It jst seems like the center just sticks out of the entire front stage. Is the center and the fronts suspose to sound like 1 speaker.? I have had some ss-1's in the past and they were no louder that the kenwoods I have now and I go the kenwoods for 89.00 from Ubid. They were selling these a while back. I can hear them, but just not ear shattering. kvs-64 is the model number. Here is a link to what they look like. http://www.epinions.com/615671_Kenwood_KVS_64_2_way_Bipolar_Surround_Speakers

I need some help. I really dont believe that a rc-3II will help out that much. looking at the specs don't justfy it.

------------------

Home Theater:

Yamaha RX-V1000

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch KSC-C1(LOOKING FOR A RC-3 OR RC-3II)

Kenwood KSV64 Bipolar Speakers

Klipsch Subwoofer KSW-12

Television: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

DVD Player SONY S-360

CD Changer CDC 585 5 Disc Yamaha

Harman Kardon TC-1000

monster cable interconnects/12 gauge speaker wire

I think it will make a BIG difference, read my topic "Advise on upgrading speakers" - I am getting the RC-3 II today, since the SC-1 sounds plain dull with the RF-3 II, and I also had to turn it up to +4 dB. But even then dialogues sounded way different than the rest of the sound coming from the mains.

------------------

Front: RF-3 II

Center: RC-3 II

Surround: 2 Quintets

Subwoofer: KSW-12

Receiver: Sony STR-DA5ES

TV: Sony Wega KV-36FV27

how much is the rc-3 II you are getting. I too also had the quintets.

------------------

Home Theater:

Yamaha RX-V1000

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch Subwoofer KSW-12

DVD Player SONY S-360

Harman Kardon TC-1000

KD

The center is your major player with 5.1 material. It is going to be a focal point. I recommend using the old trusty sound meter to set up your front & center--heck check em all! I suspect you have it up too much, I have the SC-1 & keep it @ 0. Vocals tend to be a bid nasaly with it--may enjoy the upgrade to the ref line. Oh if money was not an issue!

I was thinking about adding another ksc-c1 and have dual centers? Whould 50 bucks be a goot price to sell the ksc-c1 for. I have all the orginal documents.?

------------------

Home Theater:

Yamaha RX-V1000

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch Subwoofer KSW-12

DVD Player SONY S-360

Harman Kardon TC-1000

I purchased an open box from Good Guys for $270. It has changed the sound picture completely.

Vladi

------------------

Front: RF-3 II

Center: RC-3 II

Surround: 2 Quintets

Subwoofer: KSW-12

Receiver: Sony STR-DA5ES

TV: Sony Wega KV-36FV27

I had the same set up. RF 3II and the KSC-1c center. It was ok but I had to do a lot of fooling around to get close to what I wanted out of it. It just didn't ever match up to the RFs. So two weeks later the RC-3II took it's place and the movement and timber is seamless. The KSC was loud, but not as full clean sounding to me so it really did stand out.

------------------

Klipsch RF-3II

Klipsch RC-3II

Jamo in wall surrounds

Paradigm PW-2200 sub

Sony Playstation II

Yamaha RX-V630

Yamaha DVD carosel

RCA Hi-Fi VCR (hardly used anymore)

Sony Trinitron 36"