Lost my Bag End Driver today..... need advice on a replacement driver....

Bryant0086

I recently bought a Behringer NU3000DSP to replace my failed Bag End Infra Sub 18 plate amp. Well, the Bag End plate amp went DC on me and it partially shorted the voice coil. I didn't realize this at first, but it started sounding pretty badpretty quickly. I have connected another bass driver to make sure it wasn't a problem with the Inuke and it is definitely the driver. My best guess as far as the most similar driver available is the Eminence Sigma Pro 18-2.I love the fact that it has a sensitivity of 99 dB as well. I can give an internal dimension later (sealed enclosure) for you subwoofer whizzes out there.

Bryant

Most likely that should fit a 4-4.5 cu ft. box off the top of my head.  The Eminence may start to roll off pretty high.  They will get loud but, lack some push on the low end.  Good luck.

You are probably 100% right. However, Bag End paired a 3cu ft box with a driver to make what others have said is a 63 hz F3. They then used the 12 db per octave rolloff below that with their Linkwitz style "ELF" technology. I couldn't care less about anything below 30 hz. because I am a music guy or I wouldn't be so in love with that sub to start with. However, I don't know the exact formula to get that 63 hz. when comparing the driver properties with the enclosure properties.

Bryant