Distance between Khorns

sanchmo

I can't tell you, but I've got a pair and would like to know also. For me it's kind of a moot point right now as I do not intend to demolish our rental home to accomodate the K-Horns, but it would be good to know for future reference. Mine are about 6-7 ft. out from center and pushed solidly into the corners. I figured that getting those bastards tightly into dedicated 90-degree corners was an accomplishment in and of itself...

------------------

32" Hi-scan Sony WEGA

Amp: Yamaha DSPA1

Mains: '99 K-horns

Center: KLF-C7 & JBL S- Center

Front Effects: KSP-S6s

Rear Surrounds: KLF-30s

Sub: KSW-15

DVD: Pioneer DV-114

MD: Sony Mini-Disc

Recorder (Walkman)

VCR: JVC S-VHS

Ive spent some time playing with this.

Finding the best room to put Khorns in can be a challange. Khorns come alive in BIG rooms.

Room acoustics plays a huge role in answering this question. There are too many variables to give a general answer.

But - if you have a fairly recangular or square room here are a few items I have noticed.

What I have found is 15' corner to corner is about the smallest room you would want to put them in. The problem here is your sweet spot is too close to your speakers. In a small room your better off building false corners and pointing your speakers out into the larger portion of the room, widening your sweet spot.

Maximum distance before you start loosing imaging??? That all depends on room dimentions and were your sweet spot is. I have heard Khorns 32' apart that sound great.

FYI - My latest listening room design has the Khorns in the corners 22' corner to corner. Room is 34' deep, only has 3 natural single nulls (don't remember what freqs) in the design. It sounds great.

JM