ceiling speakers

jjputz

I have a an old but still working well speakers RF- 3II speakers with front back and surround sound speakers and a svs sub.

But I moved to a new house with a real nice ceilings so instead of hanging the big box speakers on the walls I want to keep the front floor speakers and center speaker and sub and would like to put some klipsch ceiling speakers in the ceiling,

can someone suggest which ceiling speakers would match with my old floor speakers or should I bite the bullet and buy all new? 

if your happy with your front three then save your money. if you feel an itch and need to scratch there are great deals right now on the rf-7ii and rc-64ii combos. and i mean SMOKING HOT DEALS! then any reference in ceiling will do the job. i personally would go with the biggest ones if you upgrade the front three to what i said. something like:

http://www.klipsch.com/CDT-5800-C-II/details

those can be had for a bit cheaper i think from a good dealer. if you need a recommendation i can recommend a good dealer to go through! 

if you keep your current setup if probably go with a more modest: 

http://www.klipsch.com/CDT-3650-C-II/details

You have awesome speakers and I would only upgrade if you are looking for a bigger soundstage with 7's. Either of the in ceilings scrappy suggested will fit the bill nicely. I matched the 5800's to my first gen 7's and am extremely happy. I could have gotten away with smaller drivers but I wanted 8's.

• 2 weeks later...