looking for rear channel speakers

johnnie5

I have a pair oF KG 4.5 and would like to add some rear channels and a subwoofer.

Honestly I would like to keep the rear channel speakers as small as possible only for looks. At the same time my main goal is to be able to have the "surround effect" work not just have some speakers that look nice in my living room.

Any recommendations?

Johnnie - For a combo of looks and performance, I'd suggest the Klipsch SS-1s. Since you posted your Q in the Home Theater section, I'll steer you this way versus a different direction if you were looking for music surround speakers.

I used the SS-1's when I had KG4s in my HT, and they worked great -- big enough to keep up with the mains but not overwhelming.

Doug

------------------

My System

Johnnie-

Look for a pair of KG 1.2 or KG 1.5s. I used two pair as my surrounds and rear center as part of my HT and loved them. Now I have just one pair as rear center. Their size, 13x9x9, is very easy to put on shelves or stands and they sound great with either HT or music. You can find them on eBay every now and then for $150 or so. And they are part of the same series as your KG 4.5 so timber matching is an added benefit.

Rob