HEY BOB - YOU IN THERE!!!!???

T2K

BobG, I'm still using my wonderful SonyES AV

reciever with pre-outs on three front channels to Acurus 100X3 amp.Have KSP300 front L/R,KSF-C5 & C-7 center(can't decide which to use)and KSP300 rears.Stacked bananas

on front L/R channels drive rear L/R,and drive them well.I prefer the clarity of the

C-5 for the center and just bought a SW8II for center sub use.Don't really need the bass(everything in my house and the neighbors windows resonate now)Just having fun.My question to your expert self is this:

how would you recommend hookup of the center sub? Keith

Connect center sub at speaker level. Go into it from the amp and out of the sub (all at speaker level) to the center speaker. Now you have a center speaker which goes really deep and very loud. Set center to 'Large' of course.

let me know what you think. I really like it.

Yo Bob, on the rear of the SW8II there are speaker level inputs(+ & - L/R)and speaker level outputs(+ & - L/R)for two speakers.In this situation I am using only one high level

in( + & - )and out.Use left or right input and output at sub or use say left + and right

- in and out? Am I thinking too much? Also,

will the subs 6db per octave high pass filter

at 120Hz remove the deep frequencies from my

center? What about this:stack banana(love em)

on center speaker banana at back of amp and run additional wire to sub input(full range signal to center speaker with the additional wire being the high level signal to sub)?

Primarily concerned about the correct speaker

level hookup at sub rear using only one speaker.Using Audioquest Type 6 speaker wire

(6 solid strands-3 red & 3 black)if that helps.BTW, the SW8II humps for such a small sub.Seems like a perfect center sub.If not I'll try the SW12II. Don the trenchcoat!

Keith

Good questions Keith. Doesn't matter if you use right or left path through the SW-8 but don't get tricky using R+ and L- or any such combo else you'll blow that sucka up. It'll probably make a heck of a noise before it goes though. Blowed up REAL nice.

You certainly could stack those bananas to get full range bass to both the sub and the center, but I think the trade off would not be worth it. Make the mids of the center worse only to get bass from it. Why bother when the SW-8 has more bass than you need? Try both, but logically, the 6 dB/Octave roll won't hurt at all, it'll help keep the mids really clean and clear.