blueprint for Home thatre>???

IndyKlipschFan

Ok, IF you were going to build a Home Theatre room just for Home theatre using any combination of Klipsh speakers to choose from... What size should it be?? And what would you use???

Speaker placements, types and combinations welcomed!! Thanks

-------------------------------------------

Indy,

Don't forget about your room construction. I am in the process of building a house and have made some modifications to the standard construction methods based on some recommendations from a local (reputable) hi-fi salesman. He did this to his house and said it worked great so I thought I'd try the same thing.

Both of our rooms were on the second floor, and he shared my concern of not having a rigid floor. He had extra floor joists added to give a more rigid floor. To keep the walls rigid, he had double sheetrock installed on each wall. I followed both of these suggestions. The sheetrock was screwed into the studs, not just nailed in. In addition, since I will be using Klipschorns, I added reinforcements to the wall frame in each of the four corners. The corners were reinforced from the floor to the ceiling, and 4 feet out from each corner. I'm not sure how much of an audible difference all of these changes will make, but I figured this was going to be my one chance to make these changes and hopefully improve the sound.

I have a Klipsch Heritage 6.1 system - all bought on a budget used off of ebay - I have two Klipschorns - 4 LaScalas and the components of two more built into a custom cabinet with the horns on the top and bottom of my 32" component video TV monitor - all atop a cabinet with the two woofers - I use two Klipsch LH10 subs (bought for a "steal" on ubid)for .1 low frequency effects. I drive this all with an Outlaw 1050 6.1 receiver. It took me some time to get the room acoustics just right for the Khorns and find the right places for the La Scalas but I got the right combo and I feel I'm in hi-fi heaven. What sound! The speakers cost me $3950. total - they are all 70s vintage (except the LH10s of course)and will, I'm sure last longer than me. What a great investment! I could sell them tomorrow for as much or more than I paid for them and sure that will be just as true in the future - my car depreciated that much or more... in its first and each following year. I'm getting fabulous pleasure and entertainment for very little. How can you lose with these great old Paul Klipsch masterpieces?