Multi-Region Blu-Ray with great audio

Raz0r

I am looking for a multi-region blu-ray player to replace my current Sony bdp s6200. I love the sound quality from tis model, but it is only set for Region A and I get a lot of region B videos as well. Also I have an issue with the system becoming non-responsive when playing internet content. The video continues to play, but you can't pause or stop or interact with the system.

That aside, with the new player, what I really need to know is "are all blu-ray players made equally"? For instance, I notice some have native decoding for DTS, other for 2.0 sound, and other for 7.1. Do I need to be concerned about that or will the receiver take care of audio that the blu-ray player isn't decoding? If I can get similar sound that my Sony has now, that would be great as it is a wonderful box from that stand point.

Thanks for the help as i am new to this part of the HT world, so I appreciate the support with such a junior question.