B & K Separates with RF-7's

PYRO

Well I have been doing some serious shopping for a new A/V Receiver or separates to go with RF-7's, RS-7's and RC-7.

Rumor has it that B & K will be introducing the REF-40 preamp. Its new features in addition to the REF -30 preamp will include Dolby Pro Logic II. This was one of the must haves on my new system.

It looks like I will be going to separates:

B & K REF 40

B & K REF 7250

Thanks to boa12 for pointing me to B & K. Although my wife things you should, well I will just leave it at that.

Any Comments!

------------------

Computer

Klipsch Pro Media 4.1

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

py, be sure to demo them at home. may have to work 2 dif dealers to do both b&k & klipsch. also check w/ upscale audio in CA for a direct mail deal on b&k. you're looking at least 4k min for both so do some research.

you can get the ref 30 now & upgrade it when the ref 40

time comes. i'm still waiting to hear on the upgrade.

also you may want a 7260 or 7270 amp cause you'll probably want those rear center channels/speaks, at least some day.

don't tell the wife i mentioned that. Smile.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Unfortuantly I am living in Hawaii where dealerships are limited. The B&K dealer is located on a different island. And Klipsch dealer only carries heritage line. I have auditioned the RF-7's several times on the mainland, only with A/V receivers (Pioneer elite and Yamaha not sure of the models). I can order the speakers through AAFES (Military Base Exchange) and have them delivered for $3300.00 (US), they are an authorized Klipsch Dealership. I will be testing the B&K line with the RF-7's at a local tweeter store when I am on business in the D.C. area. I think I will still go with the five channel amp and in the future I can always get another 2 channel amp.

------------------

Computer

Klipsch Pro Media 4.1

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz