Marantz or Denon or......?+ RB-3's vs. RS-3's

kantro21

Hello all,

I'm looking to upgrade my receiver from my lower level onkyo, which sounds a bit cold paired with rp-3's, and entry level sound won't cut it anymore. I have been toying with the idea of going to seperates, but the cost sems a bit prohibitive. I have been looking into marantz and denon, because they both have a warmer sound. I'd like to keep the retail under $1K so I have room to manuever in the bargain end (i'm trying to spend around 500-600). additionally, the wiz is having a closeout sale tomorrow, and they carry denon, so hopefully they will have some good discounts on floor models.

Next I am looking for surrounds, obviously klipsch. Between the rb's and the rs-3's, which should i go for. the same store stocks these as well, and thr rb's are more abundandt. Any help is appreciated.

These speakers have done the horrible thing of opening my ears and making hungry for more and more. I can't wait till I have a real budget to play with. ummmmmmmmm, B&W......

Only so you have some gauge of what is a fair price from the Wiz. I purchased my Denon 3802 a few months back from the Wiz for $899, so as per their clearance sale, you should expect to pay that or less. Mine was brand new and in the box. I know I didnt get the best deal out there, but they are an authorized dealer.

And according to my local paper, their clearance sale started on 8/19, so you better get going.

Good luck.

------------------

Mains: KLF 10's

Center: RC-3 (I know--doesn't match mains)

Surrounds: Quintets

Receiver: Denon 3802

DVD: Denon DVD-900

TV: Sony 36XBR400

VCR: Mitsubishi HS-U48

LaserDisc: Pioneer D605

MIT T2 and T3cables throughout