Good match-- JBL N-38 fronts and KLF-C7 center?

bek

I am posting this for a friend... he has the same center I have (KLF-C7), and apparently got a real deal on the JBL N-38 fronts. He wants to know if he should buy the JBLs--he swears it's such a deal that he hates to turn it down.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brian

I think he might be going at this from the wrong direction. A deal is only a deal if it's something you want or need. Does he like the sound of the JBL's over Klipsch mains? If so, well, end of discussion (almost).

But if he likes the Klipsch sound, I'd steer him to the Synergy series. These JBL's have a MSRP of $250 (each, I assume) per their web site http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.asp?ProdId=N38II&SerId=NOR&sCatId=BFS . For the money, I'd get a pair of SF-1s.

That said, though, neither speaker is going to be a good match with the KLF-C7. Maybe he can pick up a pair of KLF-10s on Ebay or Ubid?? That would be a great match.

Or, get the Synergy's and ditch the C7 (great speaker, just wouldn't sound right) and use the proceeds to buy a SC-1.

Doug

------------------

My System

I think he should buy the JBL's and sell me the C7 :-)

------------------

Mains: KLF 10's

Center: RC-3 (I know--doesn't match mains)

Surrounds: Quintets

Receiver: Denon 3802

DVD: Denon DVD-900

TV: Sony 36XBR400

VCR: Mitsubishi HS-U48

LaserDisc: Pioneer D605

MIT T2 and T3cables throughout