Is this going to work

bkyarddog

save money and get better sound. get some used heresy's or cornwalls or lascala's inplace.

he gave you corner horns... you don't mean K-horns do you?

if so, give your father a Halmark card at the least. those are my dream speakers!

you would be better off with some used heritage speakers for the RF-7's and save money and get a better sub with say a REL Strata III ($1400) or better yet (perhaps) an SVS sub, ask TheEar what he thinks, as well as horned's opinion. they know much about subs, and then horned, subs and heritage Smile.gif though anyone here would be glad to help you out!

you could even get some new heritage if you liked!

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

quote:

----- Original Message -----

Justin thanks for the response and yes they are k-horns. what i dont understand is why is it not a good combo with RC-7 and RSW -12 subs

why wont it work? well it will kinda work, but the heritage sound does not match up wlll with the reference sound. the heritage is an all horn system, where as the reference only has a horn tweeter (in my books, and that tweeter is pushing the horn envelope)

heritage has a distint sound, and so does reference. they both sound great, but not perfect together. like Cherry Gelaton and Chocolate Jello don't taste great together, even though made by the same company, even though cherries and chocolate are yummy, they just don't 'mesh' well.

as far as the RSW-12, it just does not have the SPL or frequency responce of an SVS or REL sub, great sub, but with K-Horns, you really need a POWERFUL sub to match such powerful speakres, that is why i would suggest an SVS sub.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

Lucky you!!!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

Would tend to concur that the best matching speakers for the KHorns would be other Heritage speakers rather than the RF range.

Think Belles, LaScalas or Heresy's.

IMHO the perfect surround sound setup would have KHorns front with a Belle Centre speaker and either KHorn rears or LaScala rears if the budget is more limited.

For the sub I would definitely not leap into a Klipsch unit. Whilst I dearly love Klipsch speakers I have been disappointed with their subs.

I own the Rel Strata 3 sub which is a superb match for the Heresy mains I run, but, I fear would be a little overpowered by your KHorns. The larger REL - The stadium did not impress me when I heard it so like many others I would suggest looking at SVS sub(s).

I should add that I have never heard the SVS units but judging by the gushing of the owners it would be a good place to start.

One final point - your dad must really love you - that is one hell of a present!!

------------------

My System: http://aca.gr/pop_maxg.htm

Dog---Personally I'd rather listen to just the KHorns in phantom mode than with an inferior RF as a center. As has been mentioned your best shot for a center would be another Heritage.

Forget about using small subs like RELs or SVTs to augment basshorns, it's like running a big high-compression Ford 427 sideoiler through a 2 barrel carb. Get an Edgar Seismic basshorn sub or a ServoDrive Contrabass. Or build something yourself using multiple JBL Pro 15s or 18s.

My opinions ya understand.

www.chicagohornspeakerclub.org