Songs like White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane:

kenratboy

In reference to The Doors I'd suggest "The Soft Parade" CD. The title track is great & has some fantastic percussion.

In addition to ELP's "Pictures At An Exhibition" & "Brain Salad Surgery" CDs, check out Trilogy. I always liked "Hoedown" alot . This was a great show opener. I saw them at Merriweather Post Pavillion, Columbia, MD summer of '72. They opened with "Hoedown" & I've loved that song ever since. That was one of the songs I used to audition speakers when I was shopping. I also used The Beatles "1" CD for acoustic work & harmony. Also took Linda Ronstadt's "Hasten Down The Wind" CD. "That'll Be The Day" was always a great rock song with good guitar riffs. Also her version of "Crazy" always put me in another zone. You could almost hear her breathing in the vocals & Don Grolnick had a wonderful piano solo. Sorry I got off track. These kind of threads always get me tripping down memory lane.

------------------

Lew

Not Too Old To Rock 'N' Roll

This message has been edited by lovedrummin on 08-31-2002 at 08:21 PM