Pronto/Sony ES owners!

wife-said-no

I ruined my Sony touchscreen remote and was just curious how the Pronto is as a replacement. I just want to make sure that I get something that will control all the little functions of my Sony DA555ES receiver. My original did everything that the receiver was capable of.

Also, if anyone know their web address. Thanks.

------------------

Come on honey why can't I spend some more money?

quote:

Originally posted by James D McCall:

WSN,

Just curious - how'd the touch screen get ruined? Maybe the info will save others the same fate.

Unfortunate accident-my son (4) was playing with some bubbles and the cat knocked them over. All over my remote. The remote itself works but the LCD screen is touchy. You have to dial in the contrast just right in order to see anything. Even when you are lucky enough to get the picture back it is interlaced with verticle lines.

------------------

Come on honey why can't I spend some more money?

• 3 weeks later...

The only hurdle I ran into was that I can't find out which letter type I can use on the buttons on the Pronto except the types given by Pronto itself. But that is only a minor one.

If you have your Pronto download Prontedit and hook the Pronto up to the computer and presto everything goes.

But one warning the Pronto is not Child proof.