Klipsch R-5650S II anyone here used them?

ClintonH

I did just that in a room with a large window on one side and a recessed area on the other that would not let me do in wall or free standing. I spoke with klipsch tech guys and they agreed they would work. One caveat, the tweeters are opposing left and right to allow for a wider field when in wall at ear level. In the ceiling I moved them closer towards the center than normal with horns facing front to back. I felt this would get the listening area in good range of horns. Have enjoyed them for about a year now.

Edited by jacksterw2r

I did just that in a room with a large window on one side and a recessed area on the other that would not let me do in wall or free standing. I spoke with klipsch tech guys and they agreed they would work. One caveat, the tweeters are opposing left and right to allow for a wider field when in wall at ear level. In the ceiling I moved them closer towards the center than normal with horns facing front to back. I felt this would get the listening area in good range of horns. Have enjoyed them for about a year now.

Not sure I follow what you did with your speakers? I was looking to use them as standard surrounds to replace the RS-42's I have currently (same type WDT) I have since conviced the wife I don't need to spend the $$. ;)

Sorry. Misunderstood your question. After mentioning you had flush ceiling speakers, I thought you were talking about ceiling mounting the 5650s. Which I did because of no side wall that would hold them. They do sound nice, and i have been very pleased with their performance. Sorry about confusion.

Edited by jacksterw2r