Problem with my ProMedia's

Union0015

Hi,

I'm having some problems with my ProMedia's. I got them back in December, and they've been awesome so far. However, for the past two weeks, whenever I turn the volume knob up or down, the speakers crackle and hiss. There is also lots of noticeable hiss from the rear two speakers. My windows volume is around 85% for all settings.

Besides the volume knob issue, when I went to shut down my computer last night, I turned the volume knob all the way down, and when the computer shut down, I heard sound come clearly out of the back speakers. It was as if they had not even noticed that I turned the volume down. My question is whether I have some blown speakers (I never play them extremely loud), or are they defective, or maybe it is just an issue with the control pod? Could it be solved by purchasing the new CP-1 or do I need to get these speakers fixed? Thanks for any responses.

Well Union.

Try wigling the jacks in the back of the sats till you get the least noise out of them.

Check to see if you don't get any interferance from other devices. ex.

If my tv tuner(line in) is off i can still hear it faintly in the background.

So whenever i watch movies or play games i mute my line in.

This is actually 75% of the hiss i get from my pros. I couldn't believe how quiet my pros where at high volumes(no sound playing) when i mute/unmute my tv tuner.

Anyways play around with the wiring a bit it might help.