It would need:

• Built in wifi for streaming from Android and IOS devices
  • Android and IOS apps for remote control
  • Separate volume for zones
  • Internet radio would be a plus
  • AM/FM
  • 2 zones
  • Sub outs for both zones if possible
  • Wattage isn't important. Volume levels will seldom me very high.
  • Not too expensive, cause it's gonna be on a shelf in a dusty garage with no climate control.

I have speakers under the eaves of the garage for music out at the pool. I have another set of speakers in the woodshop in the garage. I currently have an old $6 receiver connected to the two sets of speakers with one channel dead. There are no subs attached for now.

I haven't even started looking, but am ready to buy right away. 

This is what you need.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/onktx8050/onkyo-tx-8050-80watts-x-2ch-network-stereo-receiver/1.html

I love my Integra DTM-40.4 which is the fraternal twin of the Onkyo 8050.  You will need to purchase the wifi dongle unless you hardwire with ethernet. 31tYGWTccvL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

back_large.jpg

front_large.jpg

Bill

• Like 1

Nice! They have the successor to this and it has wi-fi and dual antennas. This might come in handy since my wifi router is through 2 exterior walls and 40' away. The extra $100 may make all the difference. 

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/onktx8160/onkyo-tx-8160-network-stereo-receiver-wi-fi/bluetooth/1.html

front_large.jpg

back_large.jpg

I'm gonna do a little research on the app for streaming and remote controlling it.

Nice! They have the successor to this and it has wi-fi and dual antennas. This might come in handy since my wifi router is through 2 exterior walls and 40' away. The extra $100 may make all the difference. 

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/onktx8160/onkyo-tx-8160-network-stereo-receiver-wi-fi/bluetooth/1.html

front_large.jpg

back_large.jpg

I'm gonna do a little research on the app for streaming and remote controlling it.

Yes.  Same amplifier guts but with built in wifi capabilities.

Oh yeah, only the Integra DTM-40.4 has subwoofer preout for zone 2, but you could do a work around for that.

Bill

I just did a bit of research on that receiver and ran across it's bigger brother the DTM-40.7 which has the antennas like I think I need. My next door neighbor is the Integra dealer, so I will check with him tomorrow to see if he can deal with me. I like that 2nd sub out! I wonder how much they will want. The Onkyo TX-8160, which is the same as the 40.7 with a single sub out retails for $400. If I can get somewhat close to that, I think I'll have a winner. I'm expecting it will be ~$450-500.

integra-dtm-40.7-2-channel-network-stere

Edited by mustang guy

I just did a bit of research on that receiver and ran across it's bigger brother the DTM-40.7 which has the antennas like I think I need. My next door neighbor is the Integra dealer, so I will check with him tomorrow to see if he can deal with me. I like that 2nd sub out! I wonder how much they will want.

Wow. Integra must have just came out with that model.  Yes next generation of the DTM-40.4.

Like I said, I love the sound of mine with my Heresy IIs.  I like the detachable cord and DSD capability.

Bill

Thanks for your help Bill. I think I'll be very happy with this choice!

I will be powering a pair of Heresy's with one zone and a pair of Paradigm Cinema 200's I am using outside with the other. Right now my Heresy's are at my lake house and I have an old set of vintage Pioneer speakers which I will swap out.

No subs yet, but eventually I will have a sub on each set.

Edited by mustang guy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2016/3/24 at 2:04 PM, Sfeeky said:

When you "delete" some data from your phone device, they don't actually get deleted/lost . Instead, they were marked for deletion, but in fact, they were hidden on phone internal memory. When you add new data ,they are truly deleted.

For iPhone user , iPhone messages recovery   :P ;)

The "Delete" button can not immediately delete phone data , so the recover data program is so easy , 

Edited by Tamyerk

• 7 months later...