Is there a market here for custom woodwork? Speakers, amp cases, bases/ pedestals, etc. ?

Karsoncookie

Putting out a feeler to figure interest.

Wondering if there is work I can can do for you guys.

We have a few fellows here doing xover work, and horn lens work and other speaker /mod/ upgrading services.

I think we also have at least one doing perforated metal grill work.

I want to ask if there is a need for woodwork, basic speaker cabs, Baltic birch or out of ordinary hardwood, (not yet veneer experienced) and wood cases for Amps, pre's, any thing similar.

Speaker bases , stands, possibly component shelving's, etc.

Not yet like complex folded horns or Tubas, not yet at least.

I am 59 yrs old, and have been a maker/ builder all; my life.

Have designed and fabbed  entire full console, rails, antenna/ light arch, etc. in a Boston Whaler 17' commercial glass layup bare hull. '76 Jeep CJ5 with my 14 yr old Son,from bare frame on sawhorses, my daily driver for 12 yrs, , 2700 hours in a Bus Conversion RV, two full sets from scratch custom kitchen cabs, one of glued up Ash all shelves and carcasses, custom steel railings for stairs and full loft, ground and clearrcoated finish ,plus many more projects.

That's like my Thing.

Multimedia - Solid wood, Ply, Steel, some Al, a little Acrylic, and various finishing. Lacquer, Multi coat Varnishes,High gloss wetsanded and buffed "Piano finish" Polyester, etc.

Steel welding included.

I am very detail oriented and perfectionist.

I can't do everything, but please ask what you envision, and I'll be honest if I can do it, or not.

I am looking to ask, if I could do very good work, for reasonably under "market rate", would you guys have any for me?

I mean on an ongoing part time ballpark basis to net me like $500 - $800/ month.

I am not looking to do a full time biz, "Home", but very tooled shop,so I can do truly "under market" pricing.

Partial disability and job change has lowered my expectations.

I would be happy  to do the first few jobs at like no or little profit to prove myself, -----  asking only for full honest feedback on the board.

You no like - You no pay.

The real deal is  - With life changes, I am REALLY  wanting to do this. Very important to me.

VERY important to me. I need my Life back after real estate bubble bursting stuff.

Please comment, Thank you all,   Lars

• Like 3