Help Klipsch HT setup

DTune1981

my ht room is 12' deep and 18' wide. Currently I have Forte IIs in front 9" appart, with an Acadamy in the center.Rears are KSP-s6 on side walls,and i can swicth rears to Epic CF3s on back walls remotly if desired.My question is this. In this room will it make sense to put a pair of 1998 LaScalas in front, with the Fortes in the rear, in place of the Epics.I have a chance to buy a piir of excelent condition 1998 birch LaScalas for $1700 (haritage hard to find around here)Local. I cant swing the house they belong in, and them to. I am using a Denon 4800 in this setup and would greatly appreciate any thoughts from more experienced forum members than me.

Thanks

Dave

dave, sure that'd be nice. the academy should match pretty well w/ the las too (another las center would be the ideal).

you could get a nice tube or ss stereo amp for the las, & w/ the 4800 you can assign its amp's front channels to drive the 2 rear surround/effects channels. i'd do that & put the cf in the rear center/effects. that would be 1 nice sys. cwm35.gif

just to add, i meant using the s6 as A surround, forte as B surround, & cf as rear surround/effects. that is if you have the space & another stereo amp or $ to buy one.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

This message has been edited by boa12 on 08-29-2002 at 07:40 PM