Speaker experts, I need help...

Mallette

...with my vintage Frazier Monte Carlos. One of them has a rattling woofer/mid. I use these as rears with my Khorns and DynaQuad and really hate having to turn them way down. As they produce 94db/watt/meter, none others need apply.

Here's the info I have:

8", 28oz ceramic magnet, 1.25 inch voice coil.

crossover, 4khz

Also, the specs I have are, I believe, for an "improved" model over the one I have. I wonder if I could upgrade the tweeters? I believe mine are dynamic, and the spec sheet I have says these are a "direct coupled piezoelectric super horn," no size given.

I've had these since 1968 and really love them. They are the best match to Heritage I've ever heard.

All response truly appreciated!

Mallet---I think your best bet is to send the bad driver to a reputable and knowledgable rebuilder for repair. Great Plains Audio in Tulsa and Orange County Speaker Repair have excellent reputations.

If you love the speakers and like the way they match your Klipsches I think you should leave the tweeters alone. A new tweeter may change the sound to something you don't like and something that doesn't match as well.

www.chicagohornspeakerclub.org