stupid distortion and static on 4.1 promedia

i got the 4.1 promedia about 1 week ago, and the second day, i noticed static,hissing, crackling, mainly crackling. after some experiments, i realized it was mainly coming from the front left speaker. plus, when i disconnected the left speaker, none of the others were hissing or crackling. i tried using different speakers, different wires, but it always crackles. its so annoying!!!!! please help.

Hello Dere butteredtoast!

I suggest that you would get more help - more quickly - by posting in the Promedia forum. That said the first step is to try and determine whether the problem lies with the speaker system as a whole or with the individual speaker.

Have you tried hooking up one of the speakers that are working properly in place of the problem speaker ? If the speaker you have swapped in has the same problem then the problem lies with either the 4.1 amp or with your sound card or possibly even with the source material. For example if the only time you hear these effects is when playing back audio CD's you have burned you might wish to try burning a fresh copy of the CD at 1 to 1 speed and comparing the results. On the other hand if the problem follows the speaker then the problem is with the speaker itself.

Assuming that the speaker setup is under warranty - narrowing the problem down in this manner will assist the support folks at Klipsch in their efforts to resolve your problem.

If you have not done so already -Post this issue in the ProMedia Forums also.

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

This message has been edited by lynnm on 08-31-2002 at 03:28 PM