Klipsch "Quartets" - replace?

Greek

Thanks for responding back. Actually if anything, I should ADD another pair of surrounds(only have 1 pair in the rear). Im using my Philips to spin my music cds. The only prob with this is that I have been told to hear the full impact of DVD-audio and HDCD, you need a player designed to run these formats. And.....Im interested in these formats - I understand the sonic quality is awesome. I have this inkling feeling, these 2 formats will be the next generation of music storage/play maybe?? I have heard if I do anything I should get a new dedicated cd player (Rega planet 2000) maybe? I am new to HT. I dont know any of the technical audiophile language and theory - I wish i did! I just have a great love for having a decent HiFi system and listening to music. Before I put together my current system, I had separates that I spun my music cds on -

- Sonograph SC22 (by Conrad Johnson Design) preamp

- NAD 2100 "power envelope" Amp

- Nakamichi MB-4S CD player/changer

.....these guys are put away in the closet. I have been doing some reading here on the net and i understand people are using separates with their AVR's?? Anyway, any suggestions if I want to sell them?? Thanks again for the feedback - its appreciated.

Peter

Hi Peter - Several folks on this board have set up two separate systems, one for multichannel (music and HT) and one for straight stereo listening. That lets them optimize each one without combining some of the perceived inherent deficiencies in either. Depends on your interests and budget.

If you want to sell any of your old gear, feel free to offer it to this forum, in the General section, creating a new Topic for it. I'd hang on to those Quartets, even if you upgrade your mains and relegate them to surrounds or to a separate system (or your family members). I've kind of made a pact with my wife that I don't sell any Klipsch speakers after I buy them, unless they are duplicates. I just love 'em too much!

Doug

------------------

My System

quote:

Originally posted by Greek:

realistic to upgrade/replace them?

Buy Forte IIs and move the Quartets to the surround. Although I have 4 - Forte IIs, I recently purchased a set of Quartets for the bedroom, but replaced my surrounds with them ... as an experiment. I really feel I lose very little by NOT using the Forte IIs as the surrounds. I MAY put things back, or I MAY use them upstairs. The Quartet, with a used price of ~$400, is BY FAR, one the best deals still to be had.