KLF-C7 question

pezdude

Hello. I'm new(er) to Klipsch speakers and have got a question about the KLFC7 center speaker.

I'm currently running RP3's as mains, SC.5 for center and quintets for rears. I found the great deal on uBid for the KLF-C7, but was wondering if it was worth it? I can't really find any reviews on the speaker, and was confused by the frequency response. It says that it's 75 to 20, where as my cheapo SC.5 is 70 to 20. I know the efficiency is different, size, etc.

Since I'm a newbie, I was wondering if I'll notice a difference between the two? What the difference will be and will I notice the missing 5Hz?

Also, is this a good speaker to match with the RP3's. Seems the SC5 is a bit tame for my current setup.

Thanks for any help you can give,

Dave

Dave - I believe the correct matching center for your mains would be the RC-3 or RC-7, out of same Reference line as your RP-5s. The KLF-C7 is built to match the Legend series, which have a different sound to them than the Reference. So, that would be the ideal center-format speaker match.

If you don't/can't go that route, I'd get the C7 to replace the SC-.5, which will not be able to keep up with the RF-5s, as you know.

DD

------------------

My System

This message has been edited by dougdrake on 09-03-2002 at 10:51 AM

welcome pez. as doug says get the rc-3 for THE timbre match. the C7 will be a total mismatch w/ the rp & you need more reference line speaks to have that timbre/ voice match.

for the surrounds as well when you can, though not as crucial because of the room/distance factors. get either rs-3 or rb, rf or more rp for the surrounds, whichever way you want to go.

they're great for discontinueds, but time to get off the ubid train unless you get more rp for surrounds. Wink.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page