FS: Mid-Century Modern Stereo Console Upgraded MD/DC/VA Only

dkalsi

Available for sale is our stereo console. This is no ordinary stereo console. 

A lot of time was spent refurbishing the unit. The entire unit was sanded 100 grit, 150 grit, 220 grit, and finished with 2 coats of Waterlox Original Sealer and 2 coats of Waterlox Satin Finish. 

Next, the internal non-working woofer tweeters were removed and replaced with Audio Nirvana Super-10 full range drivers, which cost me $325. These are highly efficient (96db?) full-range drivers and have a near perfect balance between bass and top-end. 

I then removed the internal tube-amplifier with Lepai T-amp (with an average rating of 4.4 / 5 by 340 users). This amp provides plenty of power for the Audio Nirvana drivers. 

To make the use of the unit more convenient, I next installed a bluetooth adapter (HomeSpot - with an average rating of 4.0 / 5 by 5,403 users on Amazon). 

The turntable was also removed and a shelf was installed. The console is now used as a bar and music system. 

It is really a great addition to any mid-century decor. 

Unfortunately, we have to sell given that we just purchased a new dining set, which included a large credenza. We are hoping to take delivery of our new set within the new few weeks 

This by no means will replace your current Klipsch system, but it serves a different purpose (bar/stereo/decor) . 

Not sure what is a fair price, but I have it listed for $750 on local CL.I will gladly make a deal with fellow forum members. 

post-23975-0-57720000-1465754916_thumb.j

post-23975-0-06960000-1465754931_thumb.j

post-23975-0-32160000-1465754949_thumb.j

post-23975-0-84080000-1465754956_thumb.j