What should I upgrade in my system...anything?

jwadd21

(See signature for my system)

I dont have room for a bigger TV. I love my speakers and wont part with the RF-3's. Needless to say, I love my subs.

The receiver should arrive soon(maybe a week) from Ubid, and hopefully it is in working condition. If not, I will get it fixed/replaced by HK under their warranty. Or I will get another good receiver such as a Marantz SR6200 or DENON AVR2802.

I just bought the Cambridge CD player after reading the large amount of praise it has received, it should arrive in about a week.

I will definitly get the RS-3II surrounds to finish my klipsch system.

I plan on buying a Toshiba SD5700 for about 250 shipped online to replace my older JVC, but I am having second thoughts on whether or not it will make a difference. I may end up just using the JVC because my TV probably wont be able to recognize the difference and I now know that audio quality is decided in the receiver, not the player, when using the digital outputs from the player. So, new player or no?

After all that I dont think there is anything else I need to improve. I think i'll be pretty much done! Hooray! And I love how my system is panning out. Unless, you would recommend an addition of some sort. My plan was to have a mid level system with all of the components being of nearly equal level.

------------------

MY SYSTEM

Mains: Klipsch RF-3II

Center: Klipsch RF-3II

Rear L/R: Polk R40 bookshelves(suck)...soon to be Klipsch RS-3II

Subwoofers: Dual SVS 25-31CS

Subwoofer Amp: Fidek 3002 600w

Receiver: Harmon Kardon AVR520

CD Player: Cambridge D500SE

DVD Player: Older JVC Progressive Scan...soon to be a Toshiba SD5700(HDCD)

TV: Toshiba 32A42 32"

Sounds like you pretty much got everything you need/want covered. Which model JVC DVD player you have? I have the JVC XV-S65 and it turned out to be a really good DVD player for the money. All the reviews I have seen of it gave it much praise. The only downside is the MP3 playback capability is somewhat lacking - no digital output for the MP3s and no random shuffle, playlists, etc. When the Toshiba DVD player comes in, try it out. If you don't like it, send it back. If you do, sell off the JVC, you may get a few dollars for it (or keep it as a spare).

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)