Newbie needs advice...Is this a good setup??

Anubis

Hello all!

I just found this board tonight and have been reading for the past hour. I decided to register and get some advice from you fine people. A couple years ago I was in one of my local dealers and auditioned the my first Klipsch speaker. I fell in love with it. Unfortunately I didn't have enough money at the time so I ended up buying Boston Acoustics. Don't get me wrong, I liked my Boston's but from that day forward I made it my duty to own a Klipcsh system within the next few years.

fast froward to now...

I recently upgraded my receiver to the new Denon 5800. I felt it was time to do the Klipsch dance. So I was looking through the different speakers lines and decided on the following:

RF-3 (1 Pair)

RC-3

RS-3 (2 Pairs. 1 pair for sides and 1 pair for the rears)

So what does everyone think? I looked at the Legend series, but just can't come up with more money. Plus I don't have room for anything much bigger in terms of speaker size. Any advice is much appreciated smile.gif

jmo, but looks like a great set-up to me. that denon's a sweet unit from what i've seen

& heard. for a 7.1 set up for both music & HT though, i'd consider using a pair of direct radiating speakers like the rf-3 (or rb-5 if there's not enough space) for rear surrounds. rs-3 for sides. & u really should have a subwoofer for that .1.

make sure u like the way they sound before u finalize the purchase.

Forgot to mention the sub. I have that one covered already wink.gif

I really don't have room for floorstanders or bookshelf speakers in the rear. Besides, my music listening is about 2% of what I use my Denon for. I am total home theater buff. I also like dipoles.

an, have u heard them all yet? sounds like you're already sold on the klipsch sound after listening to numerous other speakers biggrin.gif

for pretty much HT only that should be a pretty nice sounding set up then.

i really like the sound of my rf-3 & rc-3, but i'll probably upgrade to those new rf-7 & rc-7 if they sound as good as they say. they're coming around may, but of course they'll be mas $.

I haven't heard these particular ones yet, but if they are anything like the ones I heard a couple years ago then I will very happy. I still plan to go down to my local dealer and take a listen before I buy though. Just to make sure wink.gif

probably were. yea make sure u listen to them 1st. the reference & legends (like all different speakers) do sound different. & so do their heritage line for that matter biggrin.gif

the legends are starting be phased out for these new references it does appear.

------------------

RF-3 (front), RC-3, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnects & Monster Z-12 cable

Sony de935 a/v receiver

Sony DVP-C650D dvdp

Sony Trinitron 27" tv

Technics dual cassette deck

Technics direct drive turntable

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

rock on!

Welcome aboard Nubis

Sounds like a great system. Would agree with Boa on the RB-5's for the back. They are pretty small and with the other dipoles you have would be the best in my opinion. Remember that 2% music! And I'm just a direct radiating fan for the surrounds anyway. I have full size speakers as my surrounds and love them.