Heresy vs KLF 10 for center

Maximus89

I just bought a pair of Forte I's yesterday after only having had KG 3.2's and then KLF-10's with crites upgrades. The Forte's sound amazing to my ears. So in love with the sound and i don't know if it's a case of ignorance is bliss since i've never listened to Chorus, Belles, La Scalas, CW, Khorns, etc but maybe one day i will jump into that level because i'm officially hooked to Klipsch now thanks to the Forte's. 

So, I sold one pair of KLF-10's but i have another pair. I was wondering if the KLF-10 will make a decent timbre match with the Forte's as a center channel or should i sell that pair and instead find a pair of Heresy's to use as a center?  I have thought about and could eventually still do the KLF to center channel mod so it can lay horizontal.  Would that be better than the Heresey I or II?  Or am i better off just going Academy or KLF-C7?

(small side question) The KLF-10 titanium diaphragm upgrade from Bob Crites was totally necessary and worth it, but is it necessary for the Forte's? They sound incredible stock, but if i can get even better performance with those ti diaphragms, i should.  I just need some Klipsch vets to confirm that it will be a big improvement. :)

The Heresy would be a better match.

As far as whether the titanium driver is necessary, that's all up to your ears. If you think they sound incredible now, why change? For me, I enjoyed the titanium upgrade in my Quartets, but it certainly isn't necessary.

• Like 1

The Academy is the center channel match for the Forte I... A Heresy would probably be the next best choice. But if you have placement issues a KLF-C7 would work.

Of course three Fortes across the front (if you have the room) is the best.

• Like 1