integrated amp suggestions

prodj101

hi, my friend is looking to buy an integrated amp in the 350-400 dollar range. I was wandering if you guys have any suggestions.

------------------

New music system:

2.1 using SF-2's (soon to be RF-7's), and an RSW-15. for amplification Mcintosh MC02105, B&K PT-3 preamp, Sony SACD player. pioneer turntable.

You could go to Circuit City or so and buy a Technics or Pioneer or maybe a Sony for that price (actually you can buy an entire "home theater system" with A receiver/dvd player & 5.1 speakers for that amount! What a deal!)

However, realistically (no, not Radio Shack), I believe at that price, used is the only way to go. People in this hobby or pursuit tend to upgrade often enough that quality used equipment can be found for sale on auctions or forums that can form the basis of a HT system. In part, I think, it depends too on whether the emphasis is to be on movies (then Denon, Yamaha, HK) or music (Marantz, NAD, Adcom, Rotel). Patience & persistence are needed and are usually rewarded.