Ver. 1 CF-2 xover semantic?/ cap values??

marems

I just aquired a pair of CF-2's from my buddy and Im wanting to upgrade the caps and resistors. From the manufacturer date they are the 3rd versions. Just wondering if there is anyone that has the 1st version CF-2's and have updated the caps & resistors and could share the cap and resistor values. I would like to see what changes were made to the xover in the later version. Thanks to all who respond!

There is very little information on-line about the CF-2.  There is more known about the CF-3 and CF-4.  I have not seen a schematic for the CF-2, of any version.

The CF-2 does not seem to share the same reputation the two larger models do.  This is likely due to the fact that bigger speakers tend put out bigger sound. 

I'm not sure how much improvement you will get by swapping out the capacitors.  These are not the type of caps that leak or go bad after 20 years.  If you insist on upgrading or replacing, your best best would be to take your own crossovers apart, noting the values and get identical value replacements using what ever brand you think best.  There is no consensus here about what brand is best. 

Consider contacting Bob Crites and get his opinion.  You might be able to send your XO's to him and he can expertly assess, upgrade and update your components.

Here is the link to the Epic Series Owners thread.  I have read everything in there, I don't think you will find anything that will help you find those series 1 versus series 2 and 3 values for the CF-2.