Online Purchase of Klipsch Products

jtiger12

Hello Everyone..

I've been lurking here for a day or 2 now, and decided to join. I wouldn't really call myself an "audiophile", just someone who appreciates the intricacies of music.

I want to get a new center channel speaker, to match my sb-3's. I read that ubid.com is the only approved online source for klipsch products? is this true? My friend at work has a klipsch 15" sub with a broken amp right now, so I am wary of buying anything without a manufacture's warranty. Any suggestions?

I have been looking at the rc-3, but I am not sure if it will match my sb-3 well, since they are synergy line and not reference. Am i better off with the ksc-c1? thanks for any info... I look forward to learning more about the klipsch line..

------------------

<b><i>J</b></i>

And the current model that is the matching center for your SB-3 is the SC-1.

As far as buying from unauthorized dealers, you'll need to weigh the risk/odds of having a failure in your speaker with the savings. Keep in mind that your friend's sub has electronics in it in addition to the speaker parts, and those electronics can certainly get expensive in the case of a failure...

DD

------------------

My System