New old stock?

Stainz

I bought a pair of RB-10 small bookshelf "Reference" speakers because I am a sucker for a bargain (<$90/pr shipped - and new!). I also bought the matching CC speaker - the RC-10 for a similar bargain (<$107 shipped - and new, too.). I printed the spec sheets, copyrighted 2004, from the website, noting a similar 4" LF driver to the R14M & RB-41ii, or two in the case of the CC speaker. A real deal maker was the 1" Ti dome in the HF horn. I knew I could use these as a BR TV's extension speakers, if nothing else. I even tried them in lieu of the B-10 and R-14M, similar bargains, used as extension speakers for my table top SW receivers - and they were the best yet, as far as crisp speech and decent music was concerned - even from the better sounding, if long, RC-10. Now I am wondering if I need a 5.1 AVR to L-C-R the speakers in the BR and re-cycle an old 10" sub-woofer... hmmmm...

One thing bothers me - these speakers look a lot newer than 2004-ish. The boxes showed no evidence of being sealed more than once... but - they both contained the same Reference Series Owner's Manual - copyrighted 2016! So, newly made or not? It doesn't matter - they sound pretty good for the smallest Klipsch speakers I have. Oh, my Heresys have a home - the RB-81ii's, too - even though the little speakers did sound shockingly close to the RB-81ii's. Anyone know the production history on these speakers?  Thanks!

John

They were introduced in 2004 and have since been discontinued, but no end date is given on the website. They used to list when they stopped manufacturing a given model but they no longer do that (unfortunately).

Bruce